We encourage you to support the following businesses, organizations and online magazines who are among our favorites.
- San Juan Mountains Association – Promoters of outdoor education, stewardship and information and official non-profit partner for public lands in Southwest Colorado, with retail locations in Durango, Pagosa Springs and Dolores, Colorado.
- Pine Needle Mountaineering – Outdoor gear specialists in Durango, Colorado.
- Gardenswartz – Outdoor gear specialists with two locations in Durango, CO.
- Backcountry Experience – Outdoor gear specialists in Durango, Colorado.
- Ski and Bow Rack – Outdoor gear specialists in Pagosa Springs, Colorado.
- Granite Mountain Outfitters – Outdoor gear specialists in Prescott, Arizona.
- Babbitt’s Backcountry – Outdoor gear specialists in Flagstaff, Arizona.
- Kittredge Sports – Outdoor gear specialists in Mammoth Lakes, California.
- Osprey Packs – High-quality outdoor backpacks, hydration packs and more. Retailers located nationwide.
- GearHeads Outdoor Store – Outdoor gear specialists in Moab, Utah.
Groups / Organizations
- Tonto National Forest – Get the latest road conditions, alerts, and recreational information from America’s fifth largest forest ranging from the beautiful Sonoran Desert to the high country of Arizona’s Mogollon Rim.
- The Colorado Trail Foundation – Non-profit group of volunteers who maintain, protect and advocate on behalf of the Colorado Trail.
- The Arizona Trail Association – The experts on this gorgeous through-trail. Learn about volunteer opportunities, get detailed information about each trail section, and special events.
- Continental Divide Trail Coalition – Non-profit organization dedicated to protecting, promoting and preserving the 3,100-mile Continental Divide National Scenic Trail from Mexico to Canada.
- Mountainfilm Telluride – See remarkable films with outdoor, adventure, and environmental themes and join a passionate community. Be prepared to have your mind blown.
- Pacific Crest Trail Association – Focused on education, preservation and promotion of the Pacific Crest Trail so that generations to come will be able to enjoy a true wilderness adventure.
Online Magazines / Blogs
- High Country News – If you care about issues affecting the West, you MUST read this newspaper.
- Hit the Trail – Everything you need to know to plan a visit to the Grand Canyon and other hot spots in the Southwest. Includes information about accommodations, weather, appropriate gear, local outfitters, news.
- Seattle Backpackers Magazine – “The Place to Go When You Can’t Go Backpacking.” Outdoor-themed articles, gear reviews, travel information, news and much more.
- Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad – What more to say? It is a magnificent, historic steam locomotive running through gorgeous scenery!
- Vishnu Temple Press – Some fabulous books (history, memoirs, travel) and map guides that provide a wealth of information about the spectacular Grand Canyon and surrounding Colorado Plateau.